Photo by Emile Perron on Unsplash
How to learn Clojure
2 min read
I know I know, there are thousands of such topics all over the internet - but let me describe the best resources in my opinion:
- [Book] Clojure for the Brave and True - great book if you have no idea about any other LISP and Clojure. Mostly what you will learn are basic functions and Clojure syntax. It is also free :)
- [Book] Joy of Clojure - more advanced book talking about language internals and more complicated topics.
- [Book] Elements of Clojure - book about best Clojure practises, I would call this book Clean Code but for Clojure programmers.
- [Webpage] Clojure Reference - TLDR language reference.
- Practise, practise, practise...
Finally, I remember how long and hard my Clojure journey was, especially the practical side of it. I had really hard time to figure out how to start building backend and frontend apps, what libraries to use... I was searching for some decent framework.
When I picked some libraries I faced enormous problems along the way. Clojure community is great but not that big and it is hard to simply find some solution on Stack Overflow.
I needed to read the implementation details or just find the solution on my own...
That is why I created Clojure and ClojureScirpt course - perhaps for you!
Clojure Hacker is afordable online video course.
I want to teach you Clojure and ClojureScript basics! You will learn the language and build frontend and backend apps. I will show you how to bootstrap the project, what libraries to choose and how to use them!